01 September 2007

Un beso y una flor (a kiss and a flower) by Nino Bravo (Spain)

Spain, Spanish, Songs, Lyrics translated into English
Un beso y una flor (a kiss and a flower) by Nino Bravo (Spain)
Translation: Laura


Dejaré mi tierra por ti
I will leave my homeland for you
Dejaré mis campos y me iré
I will leave my fields and will go
Lejos de aquí
far away from here
Cruzaré llorando el jardín
I will cross the garden craying
Y con tus recuerdos partiré
and with your memories I will leave
Lejos de aquí.
far away from here

(Estribillo - Refrain)

De día viviré pensando en tus sonrisas
during the day I will live thinking about your smiles
De noche las estrellas me acompañarán
by night the stars will accompany me
Serás como una luz que alumbra mi camino.
you will be as a light that ilumminates (lights) my way (track, road)
Me voy pero te juro que mañana volveré.
I leave but I swear to you that tomorrow I will come back

Al partir, un beso y una flor
at leaving, a kiss and a flower
Un "te quiero", una caricia
an "I love you", a caress
Y un adiós
and a goodbye
Es ligero equipaje
it is a light luggage
Para tan largo viaje.
for such a long journey
Las penas pesan en el corazón.
sorrows grieve only in the heart

Más allá del mar habrá un lugar
beyond the sea there will be a place
Donde el sol cada mañana
where the sun every morning
Brille mas
shines more
Forjarán mi destino
will forge my destiny (track, path)
Las piedras del camino
the stones of the road
Lo que nos es querido
what is beloved to us (this what we love)
Siempre queda atrás.
is always left behind

Buscaré un lugar para tí
I will search for a place for you
Donde el cielo se une con el mar,
where the sky meets the sea
Lejos de aquí
far away from here
Con mis manos y con tu amor
with my hands and with your love
Lograré encontrar otra ilusión,
I will get to find another illusion
Lejos de aqui.
far away from here

(Estribillo - Refrain)

*********************************************************************************
Algunas palabras - Some words

tierra = earth, homeland
lejos = far
aqui = here
jardin = garden
dia = day
sonrisa = smile
noche = night
estrella = star
luz = light
camino = road, path, track, way
mañana = morning, tomorrow
beso = kiss
flor = flower
te quiero = i love you (Lit. I want you)
caricia = caress
adios = goodbye (Lit. to God)
equipaje = baggage
viaje = journey
pena = sorrow
corazon = heart
mar = sea
lugar = place
sol = sun
piedra = stone
cielo = sky
mano = hand
amor = love

dejar = to leave
ir = to go / irse = to leave
cruzar = to cross
llorar = to cry
partir = to leave
vivir = to live
pensar = to think
acompañar = to accompany
ser = to be
alumbrar = to illuminate, to light
volver = to return, to come back
haber = to have
brillar = to shine, to bright
quedar = to stay
buscar = to search
unir = to join
lograr = to get, achieve

********************************************************************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.