29 October 2007

La Copa Rota (The broken glass)

Translation: Laura

Aturdido y abrumado
confused and overwhelmed
por la duda de los celos
by the doubt of jelousy
se ve triste en la cantina
it is sad on the canteen (bar)
un bohemio ya sin fe
a bohemian with no faith

Con los nervios destrozados
with broken nerves
y llorando sin remedio
and hopelessly crying
como un loco atormentado
as a mad man tormented
por la ingrata que se fue
by the ungrateful (woman) that left

Se ve siempre acompañado
he is always acompanied
del mejor de los amigos
by the best of the friends
que le acompaña y le dice:
that acompanies him and tells him
"ya está bueno de licor".
"it is enough of liquor" (1)
Nada remedia con llanto
nothings repairs with crying
nada remedia con vino
nothings repairs with wine
al contrario, la recuerda
on the contrary, remembers her
mucho más su corazón.
much more his heart (2)

Una noche, como un loco
one night, like a crazy man
mordió la copa de vino
he bit the glass of wine
y le hizo un cortante filo
and made a sharp edge on it
que su boca destrozó
that his mouth destroyed
Y la sangre que brotaba
and the blood that sprang
confundióse con el vino
got mixed with the wine
y en la cantina este grito
and in the canteen (bar) this cry
a todos estremeció
to everybody gave chills

"No te apures compañero
dont worry comrade (friend)
si me destrozo la boca,
if I destroy my mouth
no te apures que yo quiero,
dont worry because I want
con el filo de esta copa,
with the edge of this glass
borrar la huella de un beso
to erase the track of a kiss
traicionero que me dio"
treacherous that she gave me (3)

"Mozo, sírveme la copa rota,
waiter, serve me the brocken glass
sírveme que me destroza
serve me because is destroying me
esta fiebre de obsesión.
this fever of obsession
Mozo, sírveme una copa rota,
Waiter, serve me a brocken glass
quiero sangrar gota a gota
I want to bleed drop by drop
el veneno de su amor"
the poison of her love
(2x)

(1) enough of alcohol, of drinking
(2) his heart remebers her much more
(3) treacherous kiss





To listen to Jose Feliciano version click here

No comments: