19 September 2007

Chiquilla (Girl) by Seguridad Social (Spain)

Spain, Spanish, Songs, Lyrics translated into English
Chiquilla (Girl) by Seguridad Social (Spain)
Translation: Laura

Por la mañana yo me levanto
in the morning i wake up
y voy corriendo desde mi cama
and i go running from my bed
para poder ver a esa chiquilla por mi ventana.
to be able to see this girl through my window
Porque yo llevo "to" (1) el día sufriendo
because i have been the whole day suffering
y es que la quiero con toda el alma
because i love her with all my soul
y la persigo en mis pensamientos de madrugada.
and i chease her in my thoughts at night
Tengo una cosa que me arde dentro
i have something burning inside me
que no me deja pensar en nada
that do not let me think in anything
Ay! que no sea de esa chiquilla y de su mirada.
but this girl and her look
Y yo la miro
and I look at her
y ella no dice nada
and she says nothing
pero sus dos ojos negros
but her two black eyes
se me clavan como espadas.
stick on my like swords
Ese silencio que me desvive
this silence that do not let me live
me dice cosas que son tan claras
tell me things that are so clear
que yo no puedo, no puedo, no puedo dejar de mirarla.
that i cannot, I cannot, I cannot stop looking at her
Y yo le tengo que decir pronto
and I have to tell her soon
que estoy loquito (2) de amor por ella
that I am crazy about her
y que sus ojos llevan el fuego de alguna estrella.
and that her eyes have the fire of a star
Que las palabras se quedan cortas
that words are not enough
para decir todo lo que siento
to tell everything i feel
pues mi chiquilla es lo más bonito del firmamento.
because my girl is the most beutiful thing in the sky
Y yo la miro...
and i look at her
Y yo la quiero
and i love her
como el sol a la mañana
as the sun loves the morning
como los rayos de luz
as the rays of light love
a mi ventana...
my window

(1) to = todo
(2) loquito = loco

*************************************************************************************************************************

No comments: