16 May 2008

No by Shakira Ft. Gustavo Cerati (Colombia)

Spain, Spanish, Songs, Lyrics, translated into English, Latin Music
No by Shakira Ft. Gustavo Cerati (Colombia)
Translation: Anonymous

No, no intentes disculparte
No, don't try to apologize
No juegues a insistir
Don't play the game of persistence
Las excusas ya existían antes de ti
Excuses existed before you did
No, no me mires como antes
No, don't look at me like you did before,
No hables en plural
Don't talk in plural
La retórica es tu arma más letal
Rhetoric is your most lethal weapon

Refrain 1
Voy a pedirte que no vuelvas más
I'm going to ask you not to come back ever again
Siento que me dueles todavía aquí,
I feel that you still can hurt me here,
Adentro
Inside
Y que a tu edad sepas bien lo que es
And that at your age you should know well
Romperle el corazón a alguien así
What it's like to break someone's heart like this
No se puede vivir con tanto veneno,
No, one can live with so much poison
La esperanza que me da tu amor
The hope your love gives me
No me la dió más nadie,
No one else gave me
Te juro, no miento
I swear, I'm not lying
No se puede vivir con tanto veneno
No, one can't live with so much venom (poison)
No se puede dedicar el alma
One shouldn't devote the soul
A acumular intentos
To collecting attempts
Pesa más la rabia que el cemento
Rage weighs more than cement

Espero que no esperes que te espere,
I hope you don't expect me to wait for you,
Después de mis 26
After turning twenty six
La paciencia se me ha ido hasta los pies
Patience has sunk all the way down to my feet
Y voy deshojando margaritas
So here, I pluck daisy petals
Y mirando sin mirar,
And I'm looking without seeing,
Para ver si así te irritas y te vas
To find out if you'll get irritated and leave

Refrain 1

No se puede vivir con tanto veneno (2x)
No, one can't live with so much venom (poison)

No, No

*************************************************************************************************************

No comments: