21 February 2009

El Tamborilero (The little drummer-boy) by Raphael (Spain)

Spain, Spanish, Songs, Lyrics, translated into English, Latin Music
El Tamborilero (The little drummer-boy) by Raphael (Spain)
Translation: Laura

El camino que lleva a Belén
The road that leads to Bethlen
baja hasta el valle que la nieve cubrió
goes down to the valley covered by the snow (1)
Los pastorcillos quieren ver a su Rey,
The little shepherds want to see their King
le traen regalos en su humilde zurrón (2)
they bring him presents in their humble leather bag
ROPO POM POM, ROPO POM POM (3)
Ha nacido en un portal de Belén el Niño Dios.
The Child God has been born in a hall (4) in Bethelen.

Yo quisiera poner a tus pies,
I would like to put at your feet
algún presente que te agrade, Señor.
any present that pleases you, Lord
Más Tú ya sabes que soy pobre también,
But You know that I am poor as well
y no poseo más que un viejo tambor,
and I have nothing but an old drumm
ROPO POM POM, ROPO POM POM
En tu honor frente al portal tocaré,
Paying tribute to you, in front of the hall I will play
con mi tambor.
with my drumm

El camino que lleva a Belén,
The road that leads to Bethlen
yo voy marcando con mi viejo tambor.
I am signaling with my old drumm
Nada mejor hay que yo pueda ofrecer,
There is nothing better taht I can offer
su ronco acento es un canto de amor,
its hoarse/husky accent is a love song/hymn
ROPO POM POM, ROPO POM POM
Cuando Dios me vió tocando ante El,
When God saw me playing in front of Him,
me sonrió.
he smiled to me.

(1) the valley is covered by the snow
(2) "Zurrón" is a leather bag typically used by shepherds.
(3) This is the sound of the drumm.
(4) Here, Hall means the place where the animals were kept, a stable, a Manger. Traditionally, it is called "Portal de Belén". Stable and Manger would be translated as "Establo" and "Pesebre".

**************************************************************************************


1969


2000

No comments: