17 January 2009

Quiero ser (I want to be) by Amaia Montero (Spain)

Spain, Spanish, Songs, Lyrics, translated into English, Latin Music
Quiero ser (I want to be) by Amaia Montero (Spain)
Translation: Laura

Quiero ser, una palabra serena y clara
I want to be a word calm and clear
Quiero ser, un alma libre, de madrugada
I want to be a free soul, at dawn
Quiero ser una emigrante, de tu boca delirante,
I want to be an emigrant, delirious for your mouth
de deseos que una noche convertiste en mi dolor.
of desires that one night you turned into my pain

Estribillo 1 (refrain)
Quiero creer, quiero saber,
I want to believe, I want to know
que dormiré a la verita tuya (1)
that I will sleep by your side
Quiero esconderme de miedo y mirar de una vez
I want to hide because of fear and to look at last
los ojos que tiene la luna.
the eyes that the moon has

Estribillo 2
Quiero cantar a la libertad,
I want to sing to freedom
y caminar cerca del mar, amarradita siempre a tu cintura (2)
and to walk close the sea, tided always to your waist
que esta locura de amarte no puede acabar
that this crazyness of loving you cannot end
por mucho que te entren las dudas
just because you doubt
de si eres tú el que me hace tan feliz
whether is you who makes me so happy

Quiero ser, la que te jure amor eterno.
I want to be the one who swears to you eternal love
Quiero ser, una parada en la estación
I want to be an stop in the station
que lleva tu nombre.
that has your name

Quiero ser el verbo "puedo",
I want to be the verb "can"
quiero andarme sin rodeos (3), confesarte
I want not to beat around the bush, to confess to you
que una tarde empecé a morir por ti
that one afternoon I started diying for you

Estribillo 1

Estribillo 2

*Amaia Montero is the former singer of the band "La oreja de van Gogh".

(1) a la vera tuya
(2) amarrada
(andarse con rodeos means not to be clear talking about something. Kind of "beating around the bush".

**************************************************************************************

Official Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STG1ixn5EMk
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x76kfs_amaia-montero-quiero-ser-videoclip_music

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hola Laura!!!


jajajaja pues si nos llamamos igual!! casualidades de la vida :D
y mas casualidad, he ledio tu perfil y veo que trabajas en el sector quimico.. pues yo tambien!! :D (aunque ahora mismo estoy trabajando en ingenieria, quimica es lo que he estudiado)

Casualidades???

Unknown said...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x76kfs_amaia-montero-quiero-ser-videoclip_music