04 June 2010

Me voy (I leave) by Julieta Venegas (Mexico)

Porque no supiste entender a mi corazón
Because you didnt know (learn) how to understand my heart
lo que había en él
what was inside it (within)
porque no tuviste el valor
because you didnt have the courage
de ver quién soy
to see who I am

Porque no escuchas lo que
Because you dont listen to what
está tan cerca de ti
is so closet o you
sólo el ruido de afuera
just the noise outside
y yo, que estoy a un lado
and I, that I am next to you
desaparezco para ti
disappear for you

Refrain 1
No voy a llorar y decir
I am not ggoing to cry and say
que no merezco esto porque
that I dont deserve this because
es probable que lo merezco
provably I do deserve it
pero no lo quiero, por eso...
but I dont want it, that is why…
Me voy, que lástima pero adiós
I leave, I am so sorry but goodbye
me despido de ti y
i say farwell to you and
me voy, que lástima pero adiós
I leave, I am so sorry but goodbye
me despido de ti
i say farwell to you

Porque sé, que me espera algo mejor
Because I know, that something better is awaiting me
alguien que sepa darme amor
someone who knows how to give me love
de ese que endulza la sal
this kind (of love) that makes salt sweet
y hace que salga el sol
and that makes the sun rise

Yo que pensé, nunca me iría de ti
I, that I thought, that I will never go away from you
que es amor del bueno, de toda la vida
that this is true love, for the whole life
pero hoy entendí que no hay
but today I understood that there is not
suficiente para los dos
enough for the both of us

Refrain 1

To listen to this song, clik here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi very good translation i just want to suggest something regarding the translations.

The 1st part
Porque no supiste entender a mi corazón
why didn't you know(learn) how to understandmy heart
porque no tuviste el valor
why didn't you have the courage

Porque no escuchas lo que
why didnt you listen to what

what do you think? in my opinion i fink it make better sense.
cheers!
keep up the good work very useful.