10 March 2008

Nochecita (Little night) by Eydie Gorme

Spain, Spanish, Songs, Lyrics translated into English
Nochecita (Little night) by Eydie Gorme
Translation: Laura

Nochecita que de ensueño fué mi vida
Little night that in dreams was my life (1)
cuando su amor y su cariño me olvidó
when his love and his affection (fondness, caring) forgot me
con el alma en mil pedazos yo te digo
with the soul (broken) in a thousand pieces I say to you
lo que he sufrido al sentir tu decepción
how much have I suffered when feeling your deception

Aunque sabes que el amarte es mi delirio
although you know that loving you is my delirium
tú te burlas y no tienes compasión
you mock (at me) and have no compassion
yo te quiero y en silencio he de adorarte
I love you and in silence I should adore you
cuando escuches, en las noches, mi canción
when you listen, in the nights, my song

(1) This sentence is confusing, the subject can either be the "little night" or "him", the lover...

**********************************************************************************
Algunas palabras - Some words

noche = night
de ensueño = dreamly
ser = to be
vida = life
cuando = when
amor = love
cariño = affection, fondness, caring
olvidar = to forget
con = with
alma = soul
mil = thousand
pedazo = piece
decir = to say
haber = to have
sufrir = to suffer
sentir = to feel, sense
decepcion = deception
aunque = although
saber = to know
amar = to love
delirio = delirium
burlarse = to mock
tener = to have
compasion = compassion
silencio = silence
adorar = to adore
cuando = when
escuchar = to listen
cancion = song

No comments: